- + Production Line
- + Infrastructure Project
- + Featured Case Studies
- + Mining Equipment
Rock Crusher Equipment
- What’s a rock crusher ?
- A rock crusher is a machine designed to reduce large rocks into smaller rocks, gravel, or rock dust. Rock crushers may be used to reduce the size, or change the form, of waste materials so they can be more easily disposed of or recycled, or to reduce the size of a solid mix of raw materials (as in rock ore), so that pieces of different composition can be differentiated. Crushing is the process of transferring a force amplified by mechanical advantage through a material made of molecules that bond together more strongly, and resist deformation more, than those in the material being crushed do. Crushing devices hold material between two parallel or tangent solid surfaces, and apply sufficient force to bring the surfaces together to generate enough energy within the material being crushed so that its molecules separate from (fracturing), or change alignment in relation to (deformation), each other.
Now, in rock crushing industry, rock crushing equipments generally include jaw crusher, cone crusher, and impact crusher, hammer crusher, hammer crusher and new crushing series of mobile crusher (also called portable rock crusher). These rock crushers are used widely in rock crushing process. And so, what’s rock crushing process?
- How many stages of rock crushing process?
- The rock crushing process can be divided into three stages.
(1) Splintering stage, energy absorption and very few large pieces crushed.
(2) Crushing stage, large pieces crushed.
(3) Compaction stage, sheet pieces broken, producing small chucks.
In fact, because it is difficult to measure the compressive stress on different parts of the material, it is difficult to calculate the stress distribution. Clearly, in order to make material crushed and fractured, not only the compressive stress acting on the fracture surface must reach a specific value, but also the distance dragged on the fracture surface matters. Therefore, the crushing capacity depends on the crushing power (energy).
- What’s influence factors of the crushing ratio ?
- Rock crushing refers to the process of reducing rock into smaller chunks. Rock crushing is a very complex process, as in the process of crushing, a number of factors will influence the crushing ratio. The main factors are: material resistance strength, hardness, toughness, shape, size, humidity, density, homogeneity, and external conditions, such as the instantaneous interaction and distribution of materials at the moment of crushing. All these factors make the process of breaking complicated, and so far a unified and complete set of mathematical theory is not achieved to explain the crushing ratio.
Rock crushing process does not happen by itself and it is not reversible. The external force must overcome the internal cohesion between particles in the rock. The cohesion, even for the same rock, differentiates greatly. It depends not only on the nature and structure of crystals in the rock, but also on the deficiencies of the crystals. These deficiencies may be macro-or micro-cracks. Due to the presence of cracks in the crystal, the connection between crystals becomes weak.
- What can we learn from the rock crushing process ?
- We can see from the mechanics of materials, materials subject to external force, in the event of damage, first produce elastic deformation, when material was not damaged. When the deformation reaches a certain value, the material hardening, the stress increases, and thus deformation is to continue. When the stress reached when the elastic limit, permanent deformation began to emerge, materials into the plastic deformation state. When the plastic deformation reached its limit, the material damage could arise. Of course, rock and mineral materials, the yield point is obvious.
It can be detected from observing cross-section that the rock is crushed by pressing fracture (or tension fracture) due vertical forces outside; or slip due to shear stress; or both. For example, exert pressure to brittle materials from above until it reaches the limits of the specimens’ compression. The materials is only destroyed along the vertical at the moment; if you continue to exert pressure on the materials, the specimen will be fractured, that is, crushing.
- How to contact us:
Customerized solution is offered for every specific need.
- • Concrete crusher
- • Crusher machine for iron ore, gravel, spart
- • Complete crushing plant
- • Industrial crusher for sale in asia, Europe, Africa
- • Ball grinder mill in cement indutry
- • Vertical coal mill in cement industry
- • Maintenance and operation of grinder mill
- • Raymond grinder mill maintenance and operation